Friday, October 18, 2013

A Visit from FOCUS Founder, Curtis Martin, & Much More


The last two weeks have been blessed with many exciting events. I have been busy setting up one-on-one meetings with each of my Bible study members, holding events, and entertaining some very important guests. 

"Get to Know FOCUS"
On October 9th, the FOCUS team held a Wine & Cheese "Get to Know FOCUS" event for upperclassmen students. We shared testimonies about why we joined FOCUS and offered a Q&A session for the students to ask us anything about our lives as FOCUS missionaries. 



Birthdays, birthdays, birthdays
We have been holding many birthday celebrations for our students! This image is from the birthday of my roommate and student missionary, Lesley. She is such a joyful soul. :)


Natalie Visits from Boston
My sister, Natalie, came for a visit from Boston during ASU's fall break. We celebrated our German heritage at an Octoberfest celebration and explored much of the state's different landscapes. We made a visit to the mountains in Flagstaff, hiked the Grand Canyon, and trecked through Sedona with students from the Newman Center. 







NAU FOCUS Missions Fiesta
I was invited to share my mission trip testimony at the Northern Arizona University FOCUS Missions Fiesta on Tuesday, October 15th. I LOVED getting to see my dear friend and fellow missionary, Sarra Stanley, in the beautiful mountain air. Two students also joined me for the trip, and we enjoyed the luxury of seeing the aspen leaves changing colors in the Fall season. 





A Visit from FOCUS founder, Curtis Martin
On October 16th, the day we anxiously awaited, CURTIS MARTIN came to visit ASU! We enjoyed lunch with Curtis followed by a tour of the large ASU campus. After Mass in the evening, Curtis spoke to our students about how the college campus is the epicenter of the New Evangelization. Listening to the Holy Spirit speak through Curtis always impacts my heart in a new way, and the students walked away from the event awestruck and excited to participate in the New Evangelization. It was such a blessing to have him here in Tempe for the day!


Swaying to Country Tunes
Last night my teammate, Anna, and I attended the Jason Aldean concert with students. I loved getting a taste of some live sweet country music...it took me right back home to the country dirt roads!


So much has been happening here at the ASU All Saints Catholic Newman Center, and there are so many exciting things to come. Stay tuned for more updates!

God bless,



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos.

    I'd like to invite you to participate in Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share posts with each other. This week's host post is at http://rannthisthat.blogspot.com/2013/10/sunday-snippets-catholic-carnival_26.html

    ReplyDelete